Lenten Pilgrimage to Fatima
Lenten Pilgrimage to Fatima
- Celebrate mass at the Church of St. Stephen, which houses the Miracle of the Bleeding Host.
- Multiple opportunities to participate in the Rosary Candlelight Procession.
- Visit the Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima and the location where Our Lady appeared to the shepherd children.
- Join in the Eucharistic Adoration and Reconciliation available each day at the basilica.
- Enjoy two full days at leisure to walk the Stations of the Cross along the Sacred Way, to take time for private devotion, or to take one of our optional excursions.
DAY 1 NEW YORK
Depart on an international overnight flight to Lisbon. Dinner and breakfast are served aboard.
DAY 2: FATIMA
Arriving in Lisbon, we are greeted by our tour guide and board our deluxe motor coach for a panoramic tour of the charming Portuguese capital. See the fanciful Belem Tower, Jeronimos Monastery, dedicated to the Virgin Mary, the Monument to the Discoveries and the Basilica of St. Anthony (patron saint of lost objects). Continue to Fatima with a stop in Santarem, one of the oldest cities in the world, to the Church of St. Stephen, which houses the Miracle of the Bleeding Host on continuous display since 1269 AD. Mass can be celebrated here before we depart for Fatima, arriving in the afternoon to check into our hotel. Balance of the day at leisure. In the evenings (if available) join in the moving Rosary Candlelight Procession beginning in the Little Chapel of the Apparitions (Capelinha). Dinner and overnight in Fatima. (D)
DAY 3: FATIMA
This morning we discover the hamlet of Aljustrel, the shepherd children's home. Continue to Valinhos, where Our Lady appeared after the children's re lease from prison. Visit the church where they were baptized and the local cemetery. Take some time for private devotions before a video presentation on the history of Fatima. Later participate in the Rosary Candlelight Procession (if available). Dinner and overnight in Fatima. (B, D)
DAY 4: FATIMA
After breakfast we visit the Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima, starting at the pristine Basilica, with the tombs of Jacinta and Francisco, beatified in 2000, and Sr. Lucia. Continue to the Little Chapel of Apparitions where Our Lady appeared to the three shepherd children to celebrate mass and light a candle near the shrine. The balance of the day is for reflection and meditation as we walk the lovely grounds and visit the new basilica that holds 9,000 pilgrims. Join in the Eucharistic Adoration and Reconciliation available each day at the basilica. After dinner we once again experience the Rosary Candlelight Procession (if available). Overnight in Fatima. (B, D)
DAY 5/6: FATIMA
These two days are at leisure. For pilgrims who wish to experience Christ's love, walk the Stations of the Cross along the Sacred Way (Via Sacra) ending at the Chapel of Calvary. Take time for private devotion, pray for the sick, drink water from the miraculous well. Take one of our optional tours (at additional cost) to visit the spectacular Gothic monasteries of Batalha and Alcobaca, and the colorful fishing village of Nazare. Visit the romantic city of Coimbra (at additional cost) where Sr. Lucia lived. Located on the River Mondego, Coimbra is one of Europe's oldest college towns. Visit the university, where students still wear long black capes, Se Velha (Old Cathedral), and the Monastery of Santa Cruz. Return to Fatima for some leisure time. After dinner take part in the Rosary Candlelight Procession (if available).Overnight in Fatima. (B, D)
DAY 7: NEW YORK, NY
After breakfast, transfer to the airport for our flight home, arriving the same day, taking with us memories and blessings to last a life time. (B)
In a peaceful countryside setting sits the beautiful village of Fatima. Our Blessed Lady appeared to three shepherd children from May 13th until October 13th 1917 with her message of love and call to con version. See how this magnifi cent Marian Shrine touches the hearts of so many who visit.
• Round trip airfare from a New York Area gateway.
• Add-on fares available from most home cities.
• 5 nights Superior tourist class hotels
• Breakfast and Dinner daily
• Airport-hotel transfers, hotel taxes, baggage handling
• Touring by Private Air Conditioned Motorcoach
• Services of a Professional Regina Tours Guide
• Mass daily
• Meals not mentioned
• Travel insurance $109 - $129
• Single supplement of $250.00
• Tips to guide